Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Zane's story part 4

Tuesday came without much new information. I went to lunch with another fellow adoptive parent who reminded me that God is the one who has chosen these children for us and that he will work it out. I told her that I was relieved with our decision and ready to look toward the next referral.
I got home and pulled up our email. First we had an Ethiopian hospital medical record not translated, but written in English! One of my physician friends had told me it was going to be this way but I didn't believe him. Then, there it was a mere 4 days after the referral. Ben's note said that he couldn't really make out anything, but he doesn't have nurses eyes. I could read it, and the obstruction was a pyloric stenosis! I looked up the procedure they had done to correct it and it seemed like a standard procedure. At the same time I felt elated and disappointed. I had worked myself up to being content with letting Yared go and now he might stay. I called my friend from the morning and Dave, then sent all the medical information to two of my physician friends to see what they would say. Then we wait.
One little part of this story that I haven't mentioned was that we had this bottle of champagne that we were going to open when we got the referrals. It didn't seem right to open it when we got Seth's referral because it was just one. We went to Washington D.C. for the kids to see some of the Smithsonian museums in the interim. We took the bottle of champagne with us just in case we should get the second referral while we were away. The day we got Yared's referral didn't seem like the right day because we didn't know what to do about all of the medical stuff. So the champagne continued to sit in our refrigerator waiting for us to make a decision.

No comments: