Saturday, April 24, 2010

These days

So we have been home for a week now. I have accomplished some things. There are pictures on the blog and on facebook. Our laundry is done and put away. I think that's all I have accomplished. It has been so helpful to have the meals coming in. My church/friend neighbors has been lending me their daughter to accompany me to outings just so there will be another adult type person there. We are meeting with the elders tomorrow at church to have them pray over our family.
I feel like we are having forward momentum. Yesterday Bryce and Seth shot each other with water sprayers for hours. They each went through 4 changes of clothes. After a week I am now comfortable and happy with the decision to take Bryce out of preschool to spend time with his brothers. We have had 3 episode free days in a row. Seth still doesn't obey that well, but it's difficult to determine if he truly understands what he is being told. There is a lot of pointing and grunting. I am feeling better about our relationship. He has been snuggly with me when Dave has been at work and is seeming to adjust better to our comings and goings. I would say that we are in a much better frame of mind than a week ago. Now I just have to start adding back pieces of life one at a time.

1 comment:

theamaros said...

Hey Routly family... We had a rough first week back as well - I will be praying for you guys! So glad things are looking up after that initial shock/transition.