Friday, April 2, 2010

Plans

It is so difficult to know what you have put in a blog and what still needs to be posted. In the time since my last post, my parents have become concerned about my grandfather's help and a joint decision was made. We have called in all favors from friends and my parents will be staying in Arizona. I have been sweetly surprised at how willing people are to help us. We always seem to be so needy and I assume that they will get tired of having to bail us out.
As we prepare to leave for Africa, I have to keep my head in the game for 2 more days of work. We then have one more day to spend with the boys and then off we go to get the new boys and who knows what that will be like. After waiting for so long it is a surreal experience. I have trained myself not to think in terms of time lines. The other day when I was considering holding the baby in my arms, I found myself being unwilling to count down the days.
I want to go there and take those children out of a group and say "You are mine!!! God has ordained that you be given to me. You are loved. You are wanted and we have waited for you for soooooo long."

1 comment:

Julie said...

So, you are leaving on Tuesday? I'll be praying all goes well between now and then!!! So excited for you, Maia.