Friday, April 13, 2012

Typical week

It is a typical chaotic week in the Routly household. Yesterday I was trying to catch up on bills and laundry when not 5 but 6 boys arrived home from school. I thank the Lord every day for my good friends Aileen and Julie. They truly make this crazy life we lead possible. Aileen had been caught up with something at home and didn't make it to the corner to meet the boys, so her son came home with mine. Not even a thought, he just came home to my house. I LOVE that. It's stuff out of stories from the 50's as far as I'm concerned. In my childhood we never had that sort of neighborly connection and I am so grateful for it here. After homework and snacks all the boys were delighted to have time to play with William and it allowed me to get through more laundry. It also allowed his mother to finish what she was trying to accomplish without interruption.

Today I we are having a sleep-over with our dear Ethiopian friends' kids. Should be a riot. I'm not even going to bother trying to clean up until all is said and done tomorrow. Dave is off to Ethiopian Easter at another Ethiopian fiends house on Sunday. I'm sorry I can't attend, but it will be back to work for me. Right now, I'm just basking in the joy of not having to be anywhere, drinking my coffee and reading other people's blogs. Seeing blessings all around.

No comments: