Saturday, April 14, 2012

Meanderings

I find myself being slightly jealous of the Sisterwives. They never have to look for a babysitter. The drawback is they have to share one husband, so that's the definite downer. We have had a fun couple of days, but I feel like my life is more consumed with the doldrums, than with things I like. I spend most of Thursday and Friday doing laundry. Fortunately the laundry is clean and folded if it isn't all put away. Thursday I managed to put up 4-5 breakfasts as well. I spent this morning cutting vegetables, and cooking food for lunches. I don't really mind it, but it makes me tired. This afternoon I'm yearning to do something fun, but now I'm tired and the idea of doing my hair and getting presentable makes me want to take a nap. So I would like to stay home and read a good book, but I just finished one...darn. I will probably end up doing nothing, but continuously look at the folded laundry not put away, and the dishes in the sink, and the winter clothes that need to be packed up and feel like I will never have enough energy to get it done. I think that the days off together in the past 11 years have been so sparse, that I feel like we need to use them to the max. If we miss some minutes then we have wasted them. I'm not exactly in the groove of having every weekend off yet. I need to learn that if we don't have fun, fun, fun, that there is a day coming that we will. Maybe I'm having post Universal Studios blues.

Last night Japheth, and Jonathan came over and spent the night. Dave made everyone Oreo cookie pancakes for breakfast and I made them Crabby Patties for lunch. The boys played great together, though they say they didn't get a lot of sleep. Now Dave has the twins out mowing the lawn. He has looked forward to this moment from the time he was told that the twins were boys. I don't think he relishes mowing.

No comments: