Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ethiopain Easter

So my family is off celebrating Ethiopian Easter with an Ethiopian family from the boys' school that was kind enough to invite them. I'm slightly jealous as I am on my way to work and can't attend. I told them that they have to tell me all about it when I see them in the morning. I also got a facebook note from a young Ethiopian man who I sponsored through Compassion Int. from when he was very small. He was also wishing me a happy Ethiopian Easter. We never expected to have Ethiopian ties when we embarked on our adoption from that beautiful land, but God has provided them for us in many ways and we are soooooo grateful. Our boys are growing up around kids from their country whose parents immigrated to the US. These people have first hand knowledge of what it means to be Ethiopian and they are willing to share it with our kids. What a blessing!!!

No comments: