Saturday, November 15, 2008

Masculine moment



So this happened the other day, but it's worth committing to memory. We have a little girl who lives next door who is the same age as the twins. They all like to play together and they generally do well. They boys were playing outside when I realized that I didn't hear them making as much noise as usual. I peeked out the screen door to see them all lined up along the fence and Patti was standing on the other side talking to them. I heard her say something, then the boys would do something, then they would all laugh. I couldn't see them very well, but I did her this statement..."Now kiss on the lips!" Of course, the "Mother voice" boomed out of me "NO KISSING!!!". All the children squealed and scattered. Shortly after that incident I looked out again to see Joel with his pants down, swinging his bare behind at Patti. I yelled "JOEL!!!!", pants came up and Joel came in. He was summarily disciplined and told not to do everything that Patti tells him to do. Later Bren and Jace swore that Patti had told them to kiss each other. Again they were reminded that they did not need to do everything little girls tell them to do, especially if Mom or Dad would not approve. Bren then confessed that Patti had told him to eat a leaf on the way to school and he had done it. He said that it tasted bad and made him feel sick. I again wonder what it is about the male mind that allows for situations like this.

No comments: