Thursday, July 9, 2009

Those things you say...

We have recently listened to a sermon series by Mark Driskoll of Mars Hill Community Church in Seattle called the Peasant Princess. It goes through the Song of Solomon. These sermons have been great to listen to and Dave and I have learned much about marriage. One thing that is stressed in a certain sermon is how the man compliments the woman on her appearance. Mark states that it is like a running commentary on how good she looks. He compliments her hair, he compliments her neck, her dress, her shoes, etc... Dave has always been great in this area and the children often times follow suit. Tonight after I had dressed to go out to dinner, Bryce came up to me and stated, "Mom I like your dress, it is very pretty. You look very beautiful. I like your shoes...I just passed gas...should I say excuse me?...I just passed gas again." I think he's got the running commentary part, but I'm not sure we are quite clear on the content yet.

1 comment:

Aaron and Heather said...

Maia, I think that's just hilarious! Oh, such conversations we have with our boys... :-)