Friday, June 5, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Why is it that the wait seems to be getting longer. Our paperwork has been in Ethiopia for 5 weeks now. We got an email today from CWA stating that due to difficulties getting birth certificates printed in the country for adopted children that the wait after a successful court date has increased from 5 weeks to 10 weeks. Are you joking??? Also there has been difficulty in getting court dates to be successful, because there is a back log of paperwork and often times the documents for the children are not ready by the time the date arrives and the court date has to be postponed. I look at my friends who have their kids here and I'm jealous. It looks like we still have a lot of waiting to do.

2 comments:

Shea said...

I know you're heart is aching for your kids. While waiting for Eli (the time b/t the referral and the travel was of course, the hardest) I remember BAWLING (picture-- sobbing shea...with snot and everything-good thing it was dark and I was sitting next to Kelly Hall and not a stranger) in the gym service one sunday singing, "You are the Everlasting God....the Everlasting God. You do not faint you don't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak, you comfort those in need, you lift us up on wings like eagles" I feel like God really met me and reminded me that HE was the defender of my baby, not me. HE was his Father. I prayed THE Father would defend and hold my little tiny baby while my heart broke for wanting to hold him so badly. I'm praying the same for your boys tonight. Wish we could be there through this time with you, Maia. love from the west coast!

Routlyland said...

Thanks Shea. It is good to remember that they are in God's care and he will eventually deliver them to me. I just didn't think I would be so emotionally vulnerable and drained. I need to remember that he wouldn't have sent us on this journey if he didn't mean to bring it to completion.