Monday, March 29, 2010

Elation equals fear

So the first time I posted that we had an embassy date it was only pure joy. I couldn't have been happier at how this one thing happened in our adoption faster that we thought it would. 1 month later, after looking at packed bags in the dining room day after day, wondering if we should send a care package, wondering, waiting... Today I was with my group of ladies doing our Bible study when I saw Ben's number come up on my phone. I thought "NO WAY!" My ladies were there to hear me scream and watch me clap and jump around. Is the second time the charm? I'm so excited to get my boys. I'm so glad that they will still be mine and that nothing came up in the investigation that would take them from me. Still, there is underlying apprehension. It has been taken before, will something terrible happen again to cause another delay? The cares of the world do not go away. With every joy there is an element of sadness. I will be in Africa meeting my new boys, while my blonde boys are on spring break. I will miss that time with them. My grandfather isn't doing as well as he might. As my parents trek back across the country to help us, they are torn by wanting to help him too and not a little anxious about what will happen while they are gone. Still this week will be sweet and scary as we embrace again the idea of new life with new boys. What is life with God without risk?

4 comments:

Kim said...

I have totally been stalking your blog today to see if you got the call also! Ben is also our case manager he called this morning and there was some screaming going on in our house! We are leaving on Mon.Look forward to meeting you in Ethiopia!

Julie said...

Maia~when do you leave?

Routlyland said...

Kim,
I left you a comment on your blog.
Julie,
We are also leaving Monday. I will miss the kids' entire spring break which is a bummer, but I'll take it. Won't be coming back until Wednesday the 14th because there are no Monday flights. Guess God wants us to rest. Hopefully we won't go insane.

Tiffany said...

So thrilled you finally got your date Maia...yay! I can't wait to meet your new boys. It is all very exciting and scary and challenging and amazing...but God will meet you in it! Congratulations!