Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Disappointment

I am reminded today that my worth comes from who I am in Christ rather than my accomplishments in this world. It matters not how much one works, is ethical, and praiseworthy. In the end it is up to the fickle nature and agendas of those who are in power over you. I should look to my work and know that those things that I do that are prompted by His Spirit are approved and not look for commendations by man. Still I am disappointed. The workings of this world state that one should be rewarded accordingly for good work. I need to not believe the lie. We are here to serve God, to glorify and enjoy Him. This is what I must hold on to. He has other plans for me and they are for my good. I can grieve but I must not dwell. Lord help me move on from this place.

No comments: